Monday, February 14, 2011

Reminiscing Verona on Valentine's Day...

Happy Valentine's Day! 

On this day of love, I can't help but think of Romeo and Giulietta..and Verona, of course!

Was just there this past summer- and have taken some pictures there...but due to so many constraints, I've just never had the time to post any of them.  So, today seems like the perfect day for reminiscing about love in the city of the world-famous lovers...Verona! I had a wonderful time going through the tiny streets of Verona and getting a glimpse of what it might have been like.

the place hasn't changed much from when I visited regularly during my childhood days (except it's way more crowded!) Giulietta's house is kept quite well, and although there's not much left to see of what's inside the house, here are a few of the shots I was able to take (as you'll note; not much to say about my photography skills...but hey! It's the memory that counts!)

The stairwell from Giulietta's room



Juliet's bed


The fireplace...

Behind the courtyard (the other side..)



Yours truly on the famous balcony



The court yard (it actually cleared up after 6 pm)

Some Shakespeare on the wall...

A sign in front of Romeo's house

Romeo's place...

Another angle of Romeo's place...


I will be posting more pictures soon of the  families' place of  "villeggiatura" or : vacation place...


10 comments:

May said...

Wonderful photos! Your blog is always very cheerful:)

Lucy said...

Thank you Matterhorn!

Passages to the Past said...

Those are such cool photos Lucy, thanks for sharing! One day I hope to see in person, but this will sustain me until then ;)

Happy Valentine's Day Lucy! Love ya!

Nina said...

So beautiful. I want to got there too. :)

Lucy said...

Thanks Amy! I wish I could have taken more while I was there..but I was more into the moment and photography is sooo not my thing (as you can see;)

Thank you Nina!

Roberta said...

Ahhh...these photos are lovely ;) I tend to buy a lot of postcards these days because they are so good and then I always forget to get photos of US in the places we go...which is so important. Guess where we were this weekend? New Orleans!!! Oh yeah it was great to be back in Louisiana...it's been over 25 years for me and DH has never been. Some day I'll get him to Italy as well. So happy to see your photos and hear about your family vacation.

Lucy said...

Hi Roberta!Yes..3 weeks of heaven last summer-Ahhh:) I so wish to visit New Orleans one day too. Hope all is well with you- Thanks:)

BurtonReview said...

O Lucy O Lucy.. I love these photos! I can feel the tortured romance emanating from within those fabulous historic walls! How fantastic you were able to visit it and spend such a glorious time there. Thanks so much for taking the time to share it with us! I can't wait to see more!

sumthinblue said...

LUCKY! Wow! I only found out Verona existed after watching Letters to Juliet

Cassandra said...

Thanks Amy! I wish I could have taken more while I was there..but I was more into the moment and photography is sooo not my thing (as you can see;) Thank you Nina!